Rules and Guidelines:
Please carefully read the guidelines below before submitting your entry.
Themes for the upcoming quarter:
|Theme||Submission Date||Winner announement|
|October||Festivals around the world||10th October||15th October|
|November||Marble effects||10th November||15th November|
|December||Wafer Paper creativity||10th December||15th December|
- We need you to submit a cake based on the theme ONLY.
- Originality: The entry must be the sole and original design and work of the participant.
- Type of creation: It could be tiered, or just a single tier, sculpted, 3D, gravity defying, structural cakes.
- Number of Entries: Only 1 entry allowed per person.
- Size: Any
- Inspiration: Please use inspiration from any objects or ideas related to the theme given. Please note no ADULT/NAUGHTY elements in your creation.
- Techniques: You can use any techniques that you like. Main medium used needs to be Fondant.
- Files to be uploaded:
- 1 straight full shot photo of the cake with proper naming. ( details in Photography guidelines below. point 10)
- Your information word doc. (details in other information above. point 11)
- Photography Guidelines:
- We would need 1 full shot photo of the cake.
- Photos need to be high resolution pictures. (300 dpi).
- The picture should not have any logo\watermark.
- Picture background has to be CLEAN and PLAIN. No pattern or cluttered background.
- Please prefix your Image and details document (in point 10 below) file names with your name before sending. This will help us keep all your information together. e.g. April2017_MickeyMouse.jpg or April2017_MickeyMouse.doc
Images sent without your name will not be considered for the contest!
11. Other information: Along with the cake pictures, we would need the following information from you. Kindly fill in this information in a separate word document and email us alongwith the cake image.
- Your Full name (as you would like it to appear in the magazine)
- Business name
- Photographer credits – name, ( email and website (if any))
- Location : city, country
- A brief write up\description of the cake, your inspiration etc. This is not Mandatory.( kindly limit to 100 words only)
- Technique used on cake
Incase you fail to send us any information\images, we will not be liable to followup with you for the same.
- Submissions: Please email us your submission to email@example.com
- All photos must reach us via email by the dates mentioned above. Submissions made after this date will not be considered for the contest.
- Judging criteria:
- Visual appeal and colour schemes used
- Complexity of the Techniques used
Anonymous judging will be done by a panel of well known artists in an unbiased manner.
Judges and Sugar Magazine decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Every Participant will get a participation badge
- A Winner’s Badge
- Gift Hamper from Satin Ice - (Can be shipped to any India address Only)
- Gift Hamper from Oswal Agencies - (Can be shipped to any India address Only)
- Feature in upcoming issue of Sugar Magazine
- Feature on the Satin Ice page
Winners will be contacted personally via the email ID submitted and announced on our page and website too.
Submissions: Please email us your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sugar Magazine will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.